I am super stressed out at the moment. Trying to organize my spring break trip, make Valentine’s stuff, rehearse monologues for a big audition this weekend, and, oh, yes, school and rehearsals for Caesar…there just aren’t enough hours in the day! So I thought I’d make a list of the little tiny things that make me happier, calm me down, and help me get through rough weeks like this one. Just to remember that sometimes the best pleasures are the simplest.
1. Sweet, life-affirming texts from the Boyfriend (aka Navy Boy)
3. Dark Chocolate. I have one piece per day, and make it last for five minutes. Joy.
4. Inspiring Bible quotes that always seem to find me at the perfect time.
7. A walk outside on a beautiful path, with peaceful music in my ears.
8. Dressing up and looking nice. It takes more effort, but I feel better this way than I do when grungy.
9. Having a good, long, hilarious talk with friends here or at home.
If I could do that today, life would be set. As it is, I think I’m gonna have to eat my chocolate, concentrate on having fun with friends, and then really enjoy how lovely it will be to sink in bed late tonight with a good book.
What makes you feel better on the rough days?