This weekend is looking to be half-chill, half filled with things I need to accomplish. That always seems to happen. Here are a few things I’m looking forward to the most.
1. Stage combat…tomorrow we are blocking the fight scenes in Julius Caesar, and I can’t wait. I love fight choreography, mostly because it’s a mix of physical fitness, graceful movement, and usually some historical context thrown in. Since we are a tribal society in this production, I think most of the fighting is going to be with sticks and staffs, with some hand-to-hand thrown in. The best part about our choreographer, Josh, is his attitude towards the fights. With an all-women production, it could go somewhere into the MTV mud wrestling zone, and Josh is determined not to take it there. He wants to show that women can be even more vicious than men in battle…I can’t wait. I’ll let you know if I get to kill or be killed.
2. Chekhov. I’m going to try and catch up on my paperwork and memorize my scene this weekend. Our class is intense–I think I’ll probably end up having close to fifty pages of analysis, scoring, and textual research when I’m done. This actually makes me really excited! I’m performing the Yelena/Astrov parting scene from Act 4 of Uncle Vanya, and I’m in love with it, and my partner, Tanner. It’s so emotional and understated, which I feel is one of the most heartbreaking things of all.
3. Window shopping. This is a little sad, but I’m already thinking of outfits and things I want for my spring break vacation to San Diego to visit The Boyfriend aka Navy Boy. At the top of my list is this is this adorable bikini from Forever 21, which will find its way into my suitcase somehow.
4. Ice Cream Night. I am doing great on my fitness goals this year! I know it has only been 25 days…but I feel happier, more energetic, slimmer, and, most important, healthy. But sometimes you gotta splurge a little. Liz and I are going in search of Vegan ice cream this weekend. I’m a little nervous, but anything with “mint chocolate chip” in the name is going to be my jam.
5. 30 Day Shred. Amazingly, I’m actually excited to do this workout with the girls. So fun, so healthy, so absolutely punishing to all of the major muscle groups. I am ready to look cute for Spring Break, darn it! So bring on the pain.