It’s been an insane weekend, as my family came to visit and see the show. It was wonderful having them down here all the way from up North, and I feel so lucky I have people willing to come watch the shows I’m in. After all, it’s not like I am playing the lead in Christmas Carol, and they are still willing to make a 15 hour drive to see it! Very special.
My five things is a little late this week, but I haven’t had time between all the matinees and family outings! So here it is, the five things I’m most excited for in the coming week.
1) My bed. This is so un-college-student-y, I know, but I am so excited to catch up on my sleep a tiny bit! Possibly. Maybe. We’ve been rehearsing to 11, with another rehearsal after that for a directing scene I’m participating in, so the sleep level has been pretty much nil. We shall see how this week goes, since the amount of homework I have is slightly insane…but I’m looking forward to it!
2) Three nights off! To do homework. Sigh. Though we all attempt to get stuff done at Christmas Carol, the truth is is that it is very nearly impossible. So I will be using this Monday through Wednesday to complete the two HUGE projects I have due, while catching up on a myriad of other little projects. Sigh. At least I will be getting it done!
3) 25 Days of Christmas on ABC Family. I will be spending today (Sunday) doing homework…with a matinee situated firmly in the middle of my day. While I’m plugging away at my papers and projects (hey, I just finished a whole paper and it’s only 11 am! Go me!), I will be tuning into ABC Family’s marathon of Christmas shows and commercials, and getting my daily dose of holiday cheer. I’m probably gonna be OD’d by the time Christmas Carol is over, but I was born to celebrate the holidays!
4) Getting together Christmas presents. I absolutely LOVE giving gifts! I put a lot of time and thought into them, and watching people unwrap what I’ve thought up is one of my absolute favorite things in the world. I am making a lot of my gifts this year, because Pinterest has been extra kind in the way of crafting and baking…and because I’m a poor college student. My sorority family is going to be first on the list since I’ll be leaving next Thursday (!) to go home!
5) More Christmas Carol! We have shows on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and I can’t wait. I love wearing my beautiful costume, and performing in a very fun scene with some wonderful performers! I’ll be sad when it’s over…though then I’ll get to look forward to one month of blissful break.
Me and my lovely sorority family. Such wonderful girls! So happy to have them at the show!